What to Expect:
The Route 66 Museum is a unique museum of history, housed in a historical powerhouse building that lit the way for the earliest Route 66 travelers. This building powered early Kingman and area mines starting in July 1909. It also supplied power for the construction of Hoover Dam, until the Dam began producing cheaper hydroelectric power in the late 1930’s. The Electric Vehicle Museum is the first of its kind anywhere exhibiting twenty-nine (and counting) vehicles on loan from the Historic Electric Vehicle Foundation, an organization with members world-wide.
Your cavern tour begins with an elevator ride down 21 stories (210 feet) in the Grand Canyon Caverns Chapel of the Ages cavern, the scene of numerous weddings throughout the years and large enough to hold two football fields. An expert guide will lead you through a one-hour tour of these amazing caverns which have an ambient year-round temperature, sharing the cavern’s amazing history and educating you on the amazing geological formations within the caverns. At the end of the underground tour, you will travel back up to the top where we will grab a hot or cold boxed lunch from the ever-popular Caverns Grill. Then off to travel down Route 66 to the open desert wineries.
Your adventure concludes at the local wineries outside of Kingman, thriving in the desert due to a high aquifer, and boasting amazing panoramic mountain desert views. At the Stetson winery, our guests will be treated in a Big Red Barn ambiance, wine tasting and personalized service all while social distancing in the expansive barn or huge open patio. Last stop, The Old Wine Drinkers Winery named after the popular Dean Martin song and stories from the owner who was an entertainer in Las Vegas. Your adventure concludes with return to your hotel.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Light jacket
Kingman Visitors Center/Route 66 & Electric Vehicle Museums
Your adventure begins with our first experience at the Kingman Powerhouse Visitors Center/Route 66 & Electric Vehicle Museums. The Route 66/Electric Vehicle Museum is in Kingman’s Historic Powerhouse and depicts the historical evolution of travel along the 35th parallel that became Route 66. Brilliant murals, photos and life-size dioramas capture each of the groups that have traveled what came to be known as the Mother Road.
Grand Canyon Caverns & Radiator Springs
Stetson Winery & Event Center
✔ Bottled Water
✔ All fees & taxes
✔ Air-conditioned vehicle
❌ Wine Tasting
- Animals or pets are allowed
- Release of Liability required
- Traditionally we would accompany the tour. However, due to COVID-19, we will be disinfecting our van interior while you’re on tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No public transportation nearby
- This is a guided walking tour with two walkways depending upon mobility level.
- Persons with claustrophobia-Be advised the Caverns Tour includes an elevator ride and walking tour underground.
- We also pickup in Laughlin, Nevada and Lake Havasu City
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before the event